When it comes to smoking out of water pipes, there are two main types: bubblers and bongs. Bubblers are smaller than bongs and have a more compact design. Bongs are larger and often have more features. But as you'll soon discover, there are unique differences beyond just appearance in how these water pipes work.
In this blog post, we will discuss the pros and cons of each type of water pipe so that you can decide which one is best for you. Then, we'll let you in on a little secret as to where you can find the top selection of bubblers and bongs online. Let's dive right in!
Weed Bubbler vs Bong: Breaking Down The Differences
To truly understand the differences between a weed bubbler vs bong, we have to start with a definition of the two smoking devices. After that, we can start to compare and contrast them to help you gain a better understanding of which you'll enjoy smoking out of more.
Bubblers Pros and Cons:
Bubblers, sometimes referred to as bubbler pipes, are the smaller option compared to bongs. This creates a few advantages, but, it can also contribute to some disadvantages. Here are the pros and cons you should know of:
- Bubblers are smaller and more compact than bongs, making them easier to transport and store.
- They often have a more refined design than bongs, making them look nicer.
- Bubblers can filter smoke through water more effectively than some bongs, which means that they can produce smoother hits. This all depends on the bong and bubbler you are comparing.
- Bubblers do not hold as much water as bongs, so you cannot smoke as many bowls in one sitting.
- The small size of bubblers can make it difficult to hit the pipe correctly, resulting in harsh hits.
- Bubblers typically don’t have as much filtration as bongs, making them less smooth.
- Bubblers can’t hold as much smoke volume, giving you smaller hits.
Bongs Pros and Cons:
With all that said, it's time we address the pros and cons of the glass bong. This larger water pipe offers a bit less filtration and flair than the bubbler traditionally. But these days, there are bongs that offer very similar diffusion to bubblers in a much larger glass bong. Here are the pros and cons of bongs:
- Bongs are larger than bubblers and can hold more water, meaning that you can smoke more bowls in one sitting without changing the water.
- They often have more features than bubblers, such as percolators which filter the smoke through water and produce smoother hits.
- They are larger, giving you more smoke in each hit.
- Bongs are heavier and harder to transport than bubblers.
- They can be more expensive than bubblers.
Bubblers vs Bongs: Which Should You Choose?
Now that you know the main differences between bubblers vs bongs, it's time to address the question at hand - which is right for you? We wish we could give you a definitive answer - but it really comes down to personal preference. The same is true of the bong vs pipe debate. You can simply ask yourself - what do I want in a water pipe? What am I going to use this device for?
If you want a smaller, more compact smoking device that produces smooth hits, then a bubbler is the way to go. We like bubblers because they can be a bit more versatile. If you're into concentrates, you can easily pair a nail with your bubbler and take dabs. You can do the same with glass bongs, but they don't produce the same thick, smooth, tasty rips that a bubbler will.
Glass bubblers also tend to come in really cool, unique designs that heady glass fans can't get enough of. With that said, more and more heady glass bongs are making their way to the market - so the art aspect can be a bit of a toss-up.
If you want a larger pipe with more features that produce even smoother hits, then go with a bong! These are great for keeping around the house and are sure to be a reliable smoking device for anyone who likes taking huge knockout rips.
Final Thoughts On The Bubbler vs Bong Debate
That just about concludes our breakdown of the bubblers vs bongs debate. As you can see, it mostly comes down to personal preference and intended use. Just ask yourself what you want in your go-to glass piece: smooth hits in a portable design, or big, filtered rips.
Here are my thoughts. Very rarely are bongs easy to travel with, which is what deters so many from investing in water bongs. But we decided to change that. Our portable water bong is extremely easy to travel with - getting you the best of both worlds in a bubbler and bong. This reduces my need for a bubbler. In fact, we consider this to be among the best water pipes on the market.
With that said, you will still likely want something a bit more convenient for those on-the-go smoke sessions. Now, if I didn’t have my water bong linked above, then I’d likely want a bubbler to travel with. Filtration wise, I think Bongs typically do a better job, but there’s always the outliers.
One final thought we want to leave you with is that it doesn't necessarily have to be a choice of one or the other. You can have both a bubbler and a bong - and glass pipes, for that matter. When it comes to your glass collection, you should experiment with different glass pieces and figure out what you like best by actually trying them out. And this way, you can show off your impressive collection to all your buddies when they're over. You can never have too many pieces - so upgrade your arsenal today and change the way you smoke forever!
Products in this article:
Capsule Water Pipe